Lifetime Achievement Awards
Lifetime Achievement Award – The lifetime achievement award is given to a person who has made significant contributions to the advancement of the chiropractic profession within sports medicine and has worked to create an environment ripe with opportunities for their colleagues.
Dr. Rick Bishop
2019 PBCS Lifetime Achievement Award
- Visiting team chiropractic consultant- PNC Park, Pittsburgh, PA
- Executive Director of the PBCS
- Member of the U.S. Open Golf Wellness Team
Dr. Lou Bisogni
2018 PBCS Lifetime Achievement Award
- Team Chiropractor of the New York Yankees
Dr. Alan Palmer
2017 PBCS Lifetime Achievement Award
- Team chiropractor for the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Coyotes for nearly two decades.
- Team Chiropractic Consultant for the San Francisco Giants during Spring Training for seven years.
- Founder of C.E.P.A., the Chiropractic Association for the Care of Elite and Professional Athletes, a national sports chiropractic organization and the Assistant Director for the P.B.C.S.
- Presented at national chiropractic symposiums teaching chiropractic physicians on the proper protocols for working with teams and the care of elite and professional athletes.
Dr. Nick Athens
2016 PBCS Lifetime Achievement Award
- Team chiropractor for the San Francisco Giants from 1997-2002.
- Current team chiropractor for the San Francisco 49ers (NFL).
- Only chiropractor to be on a Super Bowl pre-game show. In 1990, he adjusted quarterback Joe Montana on national TV.
Dr. Ralph Filson
2015 PBCS Lifetime Achievement Award
- Long time team chiropractor of the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Former team chiropractor of the St. Louis Rams (NFL).
- Professor and 1969 graduate of Logan University.